Thursday, April 22, 2010

Raviolis and Strombolis

This week:

Butternut squash ravioli, spinach and grape tomatoes with a vegan alfredo sauce





I went to my local health food store and they had my favorite ravioli on sale 2 for 5bucks! so I took advantage!

Alfredo sauce:
Coconut milk
Nutritional yeast
Flour
garlic
salt and pepper
Italian seasonings of your liking

In a saucepan simmer a little over half the can of coconut milk til its a thin consistency. Add a half cup of nut. yeast and a half cup of flour and whisk until a thick gravy-like consistency. Add spices and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes.

Add sauce to pasta then add the spinach leaves and and tomatoes. Put a top on the pot and let the heat of the pasta and sauce steam the spinach.


THEN!

Vegan stromboli





This one is simple as well!
We used a pre-made dough from a local health food store, pizza sauce, toppings of choice ("chicken", mushrooms, onions and "pepperoni" were our choices) and LOTS of Daiya cheese! If you're vegan, and you have yet to discover Daiya..you are in for a WONDERFUL surprise. The best thing since real cheese, that's for sure! http://www.daiyafoods.com/
All you do is make a pizza like normal, add all the goodies you want and roll it up! Make sure nothing is falling out, sprinkle some cheese on top and pop in the oven at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden.

Well, this post just made me very hungry, so I think I need to find myself some leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment